Don't waste your advertising budget
As we have mentioned in the past article; advertising is a core business element, and without it the business will take no time to fall down. And something that is so important like advertising must be facing challenges that change and evolve over time depending on changing collective consciousness of the masses. Here we will continue to review some of these problems and also we will recommend creative solutions that fit each situation you, as a business owner regardless of how big or small your business is, could be facing someday.
Worst Ads of 2019:
According to an article posted on Forbes on Feb of the current year by a Marketing Professor and Senior Research Fellow, Mint Mobile’s “Chunky Style Milk” advertisement was one of the worst of the 53rd Super Bowl: (an annual event that is not only important for football lovers, but also for companies and corporations to show off their marketing abilities and skills in a competitive manner), while many experts have agreed that Burger King’s “#EatLikeAndy” along with Intuit’s TurboTax’s “RoboChild” resembled bad advertising examples. Probably the first question comes into your mind; what distinguishes a good ad from a bad one?
- Was the idea of the ad creative and/or original?
- Was it catchy? (Did it stick to your memory?)
- Did it encourage you to buy the product?
- How clever did it play on one's emotions “but not overly excessive”?
- Did it absolutely avoid “patronizing” the viewers?
If the answers to these questions are “YES” then, you’ve totally got it! The ad is just perfect!
And these are not only applicable to traditional advertising methods, but also to modern digital marketing and online advertising; which might not get that much appeal among the older generation, but we can assure you that you’re going to change your mind when you’re properly introduced to these recent interesting advertising statistics:
- Over 65% of consumers can recall a brand they saw advertised on mobile.
- 65% of salespeople who use social selling fill their pipeline, compared to 47% of reps who do not.
- Using social selling tools can increase win rates and deal size by 5% and 35%, respectively.
- Consumers now spend more than five hours a day on their smartphones.
But let’s not forget that there are other aspects to take into consideration; for instance, the various challenges that could face you, most likely, small business or a startup owner that include the following:
- You probably don’t have as much resources as a business that has been in the market for years.
- You might have a limited budget.
- You need a proper plan to start blending within your possible competitors.
- You need to convince your potential customers with your product, BUT at the same time you need to balance between this and keeping yourself away from big promises and unrealistic claims in order to gain their trust.
- Your content, whether it’s online or otherwise, needs to be consistent to increase its effectiveness. Tip: not as easy as it seems!
Creating High-Quality Content:
One thing you must be aware of, is that the quality of your content is only determined by your audience, and no one else. And so, it’s hard to put consistent standards that measure “quality” whereas your audience are not persistent, they often change and even if they don’t, they still do evolve.
Here’s a mini list of the most important things you should do in order to have a good quality content:
- Be present on social media, and by present we mean checking out how your audience interacts with your content; it’s not enough to just publish a page or so, you have to monitor it carefully and show that to your audience.
- Check out your competitors on a regular basis, that way you can make sure they’re not ahead of you.
- Check on the recent trends and participate in them, the audience always like to feel relevant.
- Finally, do not forget to optimize your content for SEO, this requires you to use Keywords: phrases that describe the content of a web page and users usually search using it. Your headers and/or sub headers should include these keywords so that search engines can include your website to searchers.
For every challenge you may ever face, there is a solution, and it’s just waiting around the corner for you to uncover it.
And we, as a marketing agency, can proudly and confidently say that we’re experts in mining these solutions; starting from reinforcing your brand’s identity, creating an honest, genuine signature story that reflects your vision of a promising business, planning your online platform's content and even offering consulting services, all uniquely designed for your own business.